MAGNESIUM is an ESSENTIAL mineral that is necessary for the normal function of 300 enzymatic reactions in the body which are crucial in maintaining a healthy immune system, creating new energy producing cells, helping to maintain strong bones and teeth, ensuring healthy heart, nerve and muscle functions, balancing hormones, and the ability
to fight infections are just some of its attributes. In fact, Magnesium is essential in all areas of the body for it to function. Without it the body would perish. Studies have shown that when magnesium levels are too low, the nerves are unable to control muscle reactions, respiratory functions and thought processes.
Transdermal Magnesium Therapy Versus Oral Magnesium Supplements
- Transdermal simply means to apply Magnesium oil directly on to the skin and massage in. It is the most efficient way to deliver a high dosage of magnesium quickly to the site of pain.
- Studies have shown that when magnesium supplements are taken orally the body only absorbs between 20% – 50% of what is ingested.
Neurosurgeon Dr. Norman Shealy, M.D. Ph.D. has explained thus*:
- Transdermal therapy creates “tissue saturation”, which allows magnesium to travel to the body’s tissues and cells at a high dose without losses through the gastrointestinal tract.
- When taken orally, however, magnesium may be absorbed inefficiently, either due to the laxative effect of oral doses, due to the effect of other foods, vitamins or minerals in the gut that lessen absorption, or due to individual differences, such as leaky gut syndrome, that reduce magnesium processing.
- Is an easy and convenient, “do it yourself” method of magnesium supplementation
French surgeon, Dr Delbert, discovered the immune stimulating effects of Magnesium Chloride**. He also found this form of magnesium to be effective in the treatment of many diseases, including: Colitis, Parkinson’s Disease, Gallbladder Problems, Acne, Muscle Cramps, Psoriasis, Eczema, Itchy Skin, Asthma, Warts, Erectile Dysfunction, Circulatory Conditions, and the list goes on.
According to Dr Delbert the following are some of the conditions successfully treated with Magnesium Chloride:
- Diphtheria – cured within two days
- Bronchitis, pneumonia, emphysema or any breathing issues
- Tonsillitis, colds, flu, whooping cough
- Measles, rubella, boils, scarlet fever and many others
Other health conditions that have been found to respond to Magnesium Chloride Therapy include:
- Heart palpitations – spray onto chest
- Frozen shoulder
- Migraines/headaches – apply to base of neck or anywhere pain is felt to relieve tension
- Herpes Zoster – if used when you first get the tingling of a cold sore, it will not result in a sore
- Body odour – spray directly under arms
- Extensive sweating
- Allergies – spray your allergies away
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/low energy – can be caused by low Magnesium levels
- Insomnia/trouble sleeping – Magnesium can ensure a sound, deep, refreshing sleep as it has a relaxing effect on the nervous system
- Chronic pain – known to significantly reduce chronic nerve pain due to shingles
- Stress – Topical Magnesium will relieve stress as it helps the body to become calmer
- Sore/cramped muscles and joints – Topical Magnesium applied to sore muscles and joints can provide almost instant pain and ache relief
Clinical studies have shown that magnesium therapy can also relieve
many of the symptoms of***:
- Parkinson’s Disease including the intense shaking and the accompanying rigidity.
- Helps in fighting depression by aiding in the release of “feel-good” brain chemicals.
- Epilepsy can be helped immensely with magnesium therapy. In a recent Clinical Trial of thirty epileptics, magnesium given in doses of only 450 milligrams daily was enough to control seizures. Some studies illustrated that the lower the blood levels of magnesium, the more severe the symptoms were.
- It is significant to note that in all the studies alluded to, Magnesium Chloride was used as at least part of the treatment.
In summing up:
MAGNESIUM is an ESSENTIAL mineral that is necessary for normal bodily functions and is known to impact on many health conditions whilst having a rejuvenating effect on the body.
* Reference: Sense of Wellness Website
** Reference: Mineral-solutions – Magnesium Hexahydrate
*** Reference: Mineral-solutions – Magnesium Hexahydrate